A citizen of India, who belongs to the unorganized sector, can open NPS -Swavalamban account based on the following conditions:
- Should be between 18 – 60 years of age as on the date of submission of his/her application by Aggregator.
- Should comply with the KYC process carried out by an Aggregator.
- Subscriber should not be covered under social security scheme like Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provision Act, The Coal Mines Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provision Act etc.
- Contact the aggregator.
- Fill up the registration form.
- Provide KYC documents. Identity Proof & Address Proof.
- Minimum contribution of Rs.100/- at the time of registration.
- Receive “Your” Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN) card through an aggregator.