Aggregator offices are identified by a unique number, i.e., NL-OO (NPS-Lite Oversight Office) /NL-AO (NPS-Lite Account Office)/ NL-CC (NPS-Lite Collection Centre) registration number that is allotted to them by the CRA on successful registration.
NL-OO shall carry out the following functions in CRA –
- Monitor the performance of NL-AO and NL-CC in discharging their responsibilities towards the Subscribers in the CRA.
- Take necessary action to ensure compliance by NL-AO and NL-CC with the operational procedures of CRA.
- Consolidate the NL-AO registration forms and forward it to CRA for registration.
- Upload Subscriber Contribution File (SCF) to NPS-Lite system (In case of Centralised model).
- Transfer the contribution amount to Trustee Bank as per the SCF uploaded in NPS-Lite (In case of Centralised model).
- Monitor the resolution of grievances raised against NL-AO.
NL-AO is responsible for carrying out the following activities:
- Consolidate NL-CC registration forms & forward it to CRA-FC for registration.
- Facilitate registration of Subscribers by consolidating the Application for allotment of PRAN received from the concerned NL-CC and forward it to the CRA-FC.
- Upload Subscriber Contribution File (SCF) to NPS-Lite system (In case of de-centralised model).
- Transfer the contribution amount to Trustee Bank as per the SCF uploaded in NPS-Lite (In case of de-centralised model).
- Update Withdrawal Requests & the request for change in Subscriber details received from Subscribers through NPS-Lite.
- Distribution of Transaction Statements provided by CRA to NL-CCs for onward distribution to subscribers.
- Raise grievance on behalf of NL-CC and the Subscriber.
- Resolve the grievance rose against it by any entities in the CRA system.
NL-CC is responsible for carrying out the following activities:
- Obtain the duly filled Application for allotment of PRAN from the Subscribers and forward the same to NL-AO.
- Distribution of PRAN kit to Subscribers. Forward the Complains, Change in Subscriber details request, Withdrawal Requests etc. received from Subscribers to the NL-AO.
- Distribution of Transaction Statements received from NL-AO to concerned subscribers.
- Provide information to NL-AO about Subscriber’s pension contribution.
- Forward grievances of the Subscriber to the NL-AO.
NL-OO shall submit duly filled application for registration in Annexure N1 to CRA for registration. If the application form is found to be in order, CRA shall register the NL-OO and allot a NL-OO registration number. On successful registration, CRA shall send intimation to NL-OO about the details of registration and dispatch the User IDs and I-PINs for accessing NPS-Lite/CRA system.
NL-AO shall submit the duly filled application for registration in Annexure N2 to its NL-OO. NL-OO shall verify and forward the application form to CRA. If the application form is in order, CRA shall register the NL-AO and allot a NL-AO registration number. On successful registration, CRA shall send intimation to NL-AO about the details of registration. CRA shall allot and dispatch the User IDs and I-PINs for accessing NPS-Lite/CRA system. If NL-OO has not yet been registered at CRA, it shall register itself prior to forwarding the NL-AO registration form. Only then NL-AO will have to submit duly filled Annexure N2 to CRA through the NL-OO.
If the NL-OO is a NL-OO cum NL-AO i.e. it is functioning both as a NL-OO and a NL-AO, then it has to be registered in the CRA as both NL-OO as well as a NL-AO. For this purpose, it shall submit both the registration forms i.e. Annexure NL-N1 and Annexure NL-N2 to NPS-Lite. On successful registration, NPS-Lite shall allot NL-OO registration number and NL-AO registration number to the NL-OO.
NL-CC shall submit the duly filled application for registration in Annexure NL-N3 to its NL-AO. NL-AO shall verify and forward the application form to CRA along with a covering letter as per Annexure S5. If the application form is in order, CRA shall register the NL-CC and allot a NL-CC registration number. On successful registration, CRA shall send intimation to NL-AO about the details of registration of NL-CC. If NL-AO has not yet been registered at CRA, it shall register itself prior to forwarding the NL-CC registration form.
If the NLAO is a NL-AO cum NL-CC i.e. it is functioning both as a NL-AO and NL-CC, then it has to be registered in the CRA as both NL-AO and as well as a NL-CC. For this purpose, it shall submit both the registration forms i.e. Annexure NL-N2 and Annexure NL-N3 to CRA. On successful registration, CRA shall allot NL-AO registration number and NL-CC registration number to the NL-AO cum NL-CC.
If the NL-OO is a NL-OO cum NL-AO cum NL-CC, i.e. it is functioning as a NL-OO, NL-AO and NL-CC, and then it has to be registered in the CRA as NL-OO, NL-AO and as NL-CC. For this purpose, it shall submit both the registration forms i.e. Annexure NL-N1, NL-N2 and Annexure NL-N3 to CRA. On successful registration, CRA shall allot a NL-OO registration number, NL-AO registration number and NL-CC registration number to the NL-OO cum NL-AO cum NL-CC. The NL-OO should identify the officers and their roles in CRA and accordingly allot the User ID and I-PINs to them.
The aggregators can download the relevant registration form from the CRA website www.npscra.nsdl.co.in
Aggregator’s offices shall provide all the mandatory details required in the registration form such as Name of the office, Address, contact details, official email id, bank details etc. The application has to be duly signed by the authorized signatory of the respective Aggregator’s Office.
PAO will perform verification checks, such as whether name is mentioned, photograph is attached, signature is present, other mandatory fields are properly filled, before accepting the form. In case the application form is not filled with all the required details, CRA- FC will not accept the registration form. CRA-FC will intimate the PAO regarding rejection of forms.
Aggregators can access CRA system through NPS-Lite website www.npslite-nsdl.com or CRA website www.npscra.nsdl.co.in. NPS-Lite can be accessed for uploading Subscriber contribution details, modifying Subscriber details, updating various types of Subscriber request etc. CRA website can be accessed for raising grievances and checking the status of grievances. Both the above sites can be accessed on internet only by using the User ID and I-PIN allotted by CRA.
I-PIN is an eight character Internet Personal Identification Number issued by CRA to the NL-OO and NL-AO for accessing the CRA/NPS-Lite system through the internet. CRA shall issue two set of I-PINs to the NL-OO and NL-AO. The Aggregators Office can access both CRA website www.npscra.nsdl.co.in and NPS-Lite website www.npslite-nsdl.com with the same User ID and I-PIN. The aggregator offices should maintain the confidentiality of the I-PIN.
Some of the functions of NL-AO require maker and authorizer activity, i.e., the Subscriber request shall be captured by an officer using a User ID and I-PIN and the authorization of the same shall be carried out by another officer using another user ID and I-PIN. Hence, two User IDs and I-PINs are provided to the NL-AOs. For this purpose the NL-OO and NL-AO shall identify two officers, one for Maker activity and another for Authorizer activity and handover the respective User ID and PIN to them. Moreover, if one I-PIN gets locked the other can be used for accessing the NPS-Lite website.
The aggregator’s office can request for a new I-PIN, by submitting request to CRA for reissue of PIN. The NL-OO or NL-AO office can give a written request for issuing new I-Pin to CRA, NPS-Lite. On receipt of the request, CRA shall print the I-PIN and dispatch it to the aggregator’s office.
Subscribers in NPS-Lite can be the disadvantaged people in the age group of 18 to 60 who can join NPS-Lite system through self help groups (aggregators) and contribute till the age of 60.
Following conditions have to be met for a Subscriber to be registered with NPS-Lite:
- Subscriber is not covered under the NPS-Lite.
- The Aggregator offices i.e. the respective NL-OO, NL-AO and NL-CC have been registered in NPS-Lite and have been allotted registration number by NPS-Lite.
Subscribers shall submit duly filled application for allotment of PRAN as per Annexure S2 to the NL-CC. Only those Subscribers of a NL-CC who are registered with NPS-Lite can apply for allotment of PRAN. If the NL-CC is not registered, it has to first register itself with NPS-Lite.
Application form for registration of Subscribers can be downloaded from the CRA website www.npscra.nsdl.co.in
The following details have to be provided in the application for allotment of PRAN.
The Subscriber Registration form is divided into below sections
- Section A - Subscriber Personal Details (to be provided by the subscriber)
- Section B - Subscriber Nomination Details (Optional and to be provided by the subscriber)
- Section C- Bank Account Details
The personal details are mandatory whereas nomination details are optional at the time of registration. Subscribers will not be provided an option to select schemes. The scheme setup selected by NL-OO at the time of its registration will be mandatory for all the Subscribers mapped to that NL-OO. The Subscriber can nominate up to three persons by specifying the percentage share of each nominee. If the sum of percentage across the nominees does not equal 100, then nomination will not be registered at CRA.
The Subscriber shall submit Annexure S2 to the NL-CC. NL-CC shall collect and consolidate all such applications received from the associated Subscribers and forward the same to the NL-AO along with a covering letter as per Annexure S5. The covering letter can be downloaded from the CRA website. NL-AO should note that unless PRAN has been allotted, the NL-AO could not upload the contribution details of the Subscriber.
Checklist for NL-CC is as follows:
- All the mandatory fields are filled.
- Photograph and Signature provided by the Subscriber.
- Provide Stamp and Signature of Authorized Signatory
- Provide the NL-CC covering letter with not more than 999 Subscriber Registration forms.
NL-CC shall prepare a batch of maximum 999 Subscriber applications and prepare a covering letter as per Annexure S5 for each batch and forward it to the NL-AO. NL-AO should note that the number of applications covered in a single batch/covering letter should not exceed 999 e.g. if there are 1080 Subscriber applications, NL-CC shall prepare two batches with covering letter each - one for 999 applications and another for next 81 applications.
Only those Subscribers of the NL-AO and NL-CC who are already registered with CRA can apply for Allotment of PRAN. If the NL-AO/NL-CC is not registered, it has to first register itself with NPS-Lite. On receipt of the Subscriber application forms in duplicate from the associated NL-CC, NL-AO shall verify the forms. NL-AO shall forward the forms along with a covering letter to the CRA-FC as per Annexure S6. The format of covering letter and list of CRA-FCs are available at CRA website.
Checklist for NL-AOs is as follows:
- Consolidate the subscriber registration forms along with the details and check whether it is duly filled.
- Prepare covering letter giving details of NL-OO, number of forms attached etc.
- A single covering letter can have maximum 999 forms along with it.
CRA-FC is the facilitation centers appointed by CRA for accepting Subscriber Registration forms. The CRA-FC shall digitize the applications and upload the details to CRA system. The details of CRA-FCs are available on CRA website.
On acceptance of Subscriber application forms, CRA-FC shall issue Provisional Receipt containing the Provisional Receipt number (PRN), details of number of forms submitted by NL-AO, number of forms accepted by the CRA-FC and number of forms rejected by CRA-FC. The PRN will be issued for each batch of application forms submitted (i.e. each NL-CC covering letter). Under each batch, CRA-FC shall also mention an acknowledgement number for each application contained in the batch. The acknowledgement number will be the PRN plus three digit-running serial numbers for individual forms. For e.g. the PRN can be 10187730000006, if the CRA-FC receives 145 forms the acknowledgment numbers generated for the forms will be 10187730000006001 - 10187730000006145. The Provisional Receipt (PR) will be handed over/sent to the NL-AO e-mail address.
NL-AO/NL-CC can check the status of the Subscriber's application from CRA, by quoting the PRN or the acknowledgement number from the option "Subscriber Registration Status View" in the NPS-Lite website www.npslite-nsdl.com
CRA-FC can reject an application form either at the time of acceptance or during digitization if any discrepancies are noticed by it. CRA-FC shall issue a rejection memo to the NL-AO with the reason(s) for rejection. For such cases, a fresh application shall be submitted by the Subscriber after rectifying the discrepancies.
CRA shall forward the PRAN kit containing PRAN card to the associated NL-AO for forwarding to NL-CC. The NL-CC on receipt of the PRAN kits from the NL-AO shall reconcile the PRAN kits received against the application made and hand over the PRAN kits to the respective Subscriber.