Subscriber has to submit the "Subscriber Details Change Request Form - Form S2" to the concerned DDO who in turn has to submit the same after verification to the concerned PAO. PAO can make the electronic request for the change requested through NPSCAN.
PAO shall be responsible for updating Subscribers request in CRA system (except change in signature and photograph). PAO shall on receipt of "Subscriber Details Change Request Form - Form S2" from a Subscriber through the DDO, capture the request in NPSCAN by using the User ID and I-PIN. For change in signature and photograph, PAO has to forward the request to the CRA-FC.
PAO can update the following requests of the Subscriber through NPSCAN system -
- Change in Personal details including Bank details
- Change in Employment details
- Change in Nomination details
- Change in Scheme details.
- Switch request
- Withdrawal request
- Reissue of I-PIN and T-PIN
- Reprint of PRAN Card
- PAO can also generate and print Statement of Transaction of a Subscriber associated with it.
- The option for change in Scheme details and Switch is presently not available and will be made available to the Subscriber subject to the guidelines issued by PFRDA.
PAO shall verify the following before making an electronic request for updating Subscriber's details:
- PRAN provided by the Subscriber is valid (Active)
- PRAN (Subscriber) is associated with the PAO
- Request form is completely filled by the Subscriber
- Request form is duly signed by the Subscriber
- Request form is duly verified and signed by the DDO of the Subscriber
- Request form is filled as per the instructions given in the form.
Maker- Authoriser requires that the request is to be captured by one officer using a User ID and I-PIN and the authorisation of the same shall be done by another officer using another User ID and I-PIN. The PAO shall identity two different officers to carry out the Maker -Authoriser activity. In NPSCAN, certain type of request shall require only a Maker activity whereas certain type of request shall require both Maker and Authoriser activity.
Changes in Personal details can be carried out by single user without further authorisation. However, changes in core data i.e. data printed on the PRAN card and change in nomination has to be carried out by maker-authoriser system.
PAO has to retain the change request forms for its record purpose and should not forward the forms to CRA. CRA will act only on the basis of the electronic request received from the PAO. Only, in case of change in signature/photograph of the Subscriber, the PAO has to forward the request to the CRA-FC for processing.
In case the Subscriber has forgotten his password, the same can be reset in the following manner:
- Reset password using secret question: If the Subscriber had selected a secret question, he/she can reset the password online using the same.
- Instant reset I-PIN: The Subscriber can select this option online for reset of I-PIN. Once the request is captured with acknowledgement number. The acknowledgement number should be forwarded to the PAO for authorisation. Alternately the Subscriber can also choose to reset the password by generating a One Time Password (OTP). In case of OTP, the request can be authorised by the Subscriber himself, therefore he need not approach the PAO for authorisation. This facility can only be used by Subscribers who have their mobile number updated in the CRA system.
- Re-issue of I-PIN by PAO: The subscriber can submit a request (Form S2) to the PAO for re-issue of I-PIN. The PAO can raise the request online. On succesful initiation of the request, CRA shall dispatch the PIN mailer to the Subscriber at his/her communication address. Please note re-issue of I-PIN is chargeable @Rs.50/- per request.
Subscriber has to submit the Form S2 to the concerned DDO who will forward the request to the PAO. PAO will raise the request online for Re-Issue of PRAN. On receipt of the online request, CRA will dispatch the PRAN card to the PAO. Re-issue of PRAN card is chargeable @ Rs. 50/- per request.
As PRAN is unique and portable across employment & location, NPS contributions can be transferred by the prospective employer to same PRAN already allotted by previous employers after completion of Inter-Sector Shifting (ISS), if required. For e.g. If a subscriber has been transferred from Central Government to State Government or vice versa, he can continue using the same PRAN irrespective of change in office, department or location.
For shifting of PRAN within Central Government sector, the Subscriber is required to intimate his PRAN to the target (new) office with whom he/she will be associated after shifting. The new office will facilitate shifting of PRAN in the CRA system by uploading the NPS contribution. PRAN will get associated to new office in the CRA system on successful credit of the monthly NPS contribution. Subsequently, the new office is required to update Subscriber’s employment details in the CRA system.
A subscriber can shift from one sector to another sector or from one office to another office with the same PRAN e.g. from Central Government (CG) to State Government (SG) or from one department to another, etc. With the help of this feature, a subscriber can continue with the same PRAN irrespective of his geographical location and employment status till he/she exits from NPS. For shifting PRAN from one sector to another or from one State Government to another State Government, the subscriber is required to submit Form ISS-1 (available on our website www.npscra.nsdl.co.in) to the target Nodal Office i.e. to the Nodal Office with whom he/she will be associated after shifting. The target Nodal Office initiates the shifting of PRAN along with accumulated NPS contributions under the PRAN in the CRA system.
In case of change in any employment details such as pay scale, basic salaries etc.., Subscriber need not submit any change request. Such changes can be updated by the PAO on receipt of intimation about the change from the DDO.
Subscriber has to submit the change request as per prescribed format to the DDO in Form S7 with whom he/she is associated. After verification and authorisation of the request, DDO has to consolidate all such requests and forward it to the concerned PAO along with a covering letter as per the prescribed format in Form S8. PAO has to verify and authorise the request and submit the request to the CRA-FC. On upload of the request by CRA-FC, new signature and/or photograph will be updated in the CRA system. CRA shall print a new PRAN card and dispatch it to PAO who forwards it to the DDO for onward distribution to Subscriber.